To assist the workshop department, ensuring that the yard area is tidy and all machines are correctly labelled, taking responsibility for booking deliveries in and out of the yard.
- Helping with stock check, control and counting.
- Unloading and accepting deliveries of tractors, machinery and general goods etc. Checking for any damage, quantities and thereafter taking the responsibility for signing delivery notes (making sure both sales office and workshop office have copies when dealing with whole goods).
- Assisting lorry driver with loads ready for delivery, checking machines are ready, cleaned and all equipment present and correct as per sales ticket/delivery notes. Assisting our lorry driver or other employees along with customers to load/unload goods etc
- Parking the tractors and arranging machinery/goods in the yard – liaising with the Workshop Management and Managing Director.
- Assisting in identification of whole goods – liaising with the Workshop Management. (To make sure all whole goods are identifiable).
- Responsible for general maintenance duties and keeping the yard area clean and tidy, i.e. sweeping and removal of any leaves and rubbish, cutting the grass etc. Keeping the wash bay swept and tidy. Making sure all machinery is clean, tidy and in correct positions around the yard.
- Assisting with hire bookings in and out, ensuring that all the hire paperwork is filled in full and accurately. Physically checking over the hire tractors when they go out and come back in along with photographing the machines.
- Wash off and clean machines, when required to assist valet department.
- Some collection and delivery of parts, materials, machines, personnel, to and from customers and sites etc.
- Responsible for removal of workshop rubbish as and when necessary and disposal of. At the end of the day, all deliveries of goods i.e. oils, stretch wrap etc to be put away into the storage building. The building must be kept locked at all times. Check that tractor doors are closed and ATVs and trailers are secure inside the workshop???
- This is a very varied and diverse job therefore one that requires self motivation, self discipline and a willingness to work within and develop our existing team to the long term benefit of the business.
- General tidiness of the yard and bulk storage areas
- Correct labelling of wholegood when stock checked
Staff: No direct reports but to work closely with the Workshop, Parts department and MD
Supervision: Supervised by Workshop Manager
Conditions: Based at Churchstoke depot, however some deliveries may be required. Full driving license would be essential. At times may be required to perform duties outside of this job description in order to ensure the maintenance of a high level of service to our customers.