We are looking to recruit 2x workshop foreman, 1 at our Churchstoke and 1 at our Holmes Chapel branch. This is an exciting new role come about due to extra workload, the successful candidate will act as a go between between the Service Manager and the team of engineers. The right person will have excellent personnel skills, be able to cope with a demanding schedule and thrive on helping others. A history in Agricultural machinery is essential.
A natural leader with strong Agricultural engineering skills to assist our Workshop Management in managing the day to day running and organisation of jobs in the workshop. Main duties including repairing machines along with helping and motivating other workshop staff.
- Repairing machines along with helping and motivating other workshop staff.
- Job is a 60/40 split between workshop and office
- Sort out workshop staff on a daily basis, including allocating jobs, raising new jobs as necessary. Planning jobs for next 2-3 days, to ensure engineers have continual work flow and customers jobs are being fed through the system quickly and efficiently (will ideally need to be office based first thing in the morning and from 3-4pm in the afternoon, working on machinery in between)
- Lead and motivate all members of service team, dealing with any staff issues, worries, morale etc and feeding back to Service Manager/Managing Director where you feel appropriate. Arranging end of month drinks, staff meetings etc.
- Monitor and control job times from start to finish. Mentoring the apprentices and less experienced members of the team
- Maintain safe working practises, ensuring that the working environment is always up to Health & Safety standards
- Holding team briefs in partnership with Service Manager if appropriate
- Assisting Service Manager with line management and team development of service team, ensuring that staff are up-to-date with training and identifying/recommending courses for individuals to attend
- Liaising with the parts department, chasing parts for jobs, keeping an eye on back order statuses and keeping the engineer and customer up-to-date with any delays
- Liaising with suppliers where necessary
Staff: Responsible for the Service Engineers
Planning: To ensure that the Workshop is run effectively and that all staff and resources are managed to provide their best
Supervision: Supervised by Service Manager
Contacts: Dealership Management & staff, customers & suppliers
If you think you are the right person for the position, then please either email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application form or call Emma on 01588 620545 for further details.