o To assist the Parts Manager in delivering the targets for the business by being responsible for ordering parts, goods in & out, the displays and retail area, and dealing with customers’ queries.
o To ensure the Parts Department’s administration is carried out correctly and on time
o To put the customer first through actions and results.
1. To participate in and to assist the Parts Manager in implementing all parts sales and marketing initiatives, as per the business plan and/or marketing calendar
2. To ensure the showroom (including displays and their contents) are being kept tidy and refreshed on an on-going basis to encourage customer browsing. This includes the proper pricing and display of all retail products and special offers, the display of the relevant posters, and ensuring the proper levels of cleanliness.
3. To make the Parts Manager aware of any discrepancies regarding stocking levels, part numbers, buying and selling prices, bin locations, etc.
4. To ensure that all items supplied to customers are invoiced correctly and in a timely manner.
5. Maintain and nurture existing and prospective customer relationships.
6. To serve customers in the depot shop with queries and sales, taking payment for goods.
7. Maximise front counter and back counter trade and telephone sales. There may be a degree of online admin work with eBay and internet shop.
8. Responsible for daily ordering of parts requested by customers (VORs) and be involved In discussions with parts manager to ascertain if an immobilised VOR order is required
9. Responsible for ordering of parts to maximise customer fill whilst considering stock turn, as to avoid VORs where possible (unless a customer request demands a VOR action)
10. To ensure all physical stock checks are carried out as per the stock check standard.
11. To ensure all stock delivered is checked in and put either into stock, put out ready for the customer or workshop engineer. As well as contacting customers when parts have arrived into the depot.
12. Picking the parts from the stores and packing them ready for shipment to customers.
13. To take personal responsibility to resolve issues and to pass any complaints customers may have about the Parts Department to the Parts Manager
14. To take all opportunities to add value to sales and profit when in communication with customers by using sales techniques such as up selling and related selling. This includes passing on relevant leads or information to the Service and/or Sales department.
15. To participate in any seasonal late working/ overtime/ Saturday work as and when required. This will be on a rota basis shared with other staff.
16. To take responsibility for Health & Safety by dealing with issues immediately (i.e. lighting, poor stock positioning, leaks and other potential hazards) by reporting them immediately to the Parts Manager.
17. Manual handling of stock around the depot.
18. To increase product knowledge within the role and to highlight to the parts manager any required training needs to assist with the role.
19. Any other duties as directed by Management and in line with the objectives of the dealership.
Skills & Qualifications
o Computer skills (Office packages)
o Maths to GCSE level and experience in working with figures
o Team-orientated o Experience in dealing/negotiating with customers: handling queries, selling, resolving issues
o Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
o Flexible and pro-active
o Eye for detail
o Telehandler operation – preferable but training can be delivered
• Stock turn
• Department turnover
• Gross & net profit margins
• Clean, tidy retail, stores & goods inward area
• Limited product returns