Terms and Conditions
This website contains “cookies”, which are used to optimise the efficiency of the Site for the user. A cookie is a small text file that contains information and is stored on a user’s computer when the user visits a website. There are two types of cookies. One of these, known as a “persistent cookie”, is permanent and is stored on the user’s computer even after he or she has left the website in question and closed the web browser. The other is temporary, a so-called ”session cookie”, and is stored on the user’s computer during the Internet session. When the web browser is closed, the session cookie disappears from the user’s computer.
The Site uses both persistent and session cookies. These are used to:
- Count the number of visitors and analyse traffic
- Access and log into functions for news subscriptions and job applications
- Enable the Site to remember and display the language chosen by the user
General Data Protection Regulation Policy
RVW PUGH LTD which consists of the following divisions: 3 sites selling Agricultural Machinery, Garthmyl Hall, a bespoke Wedding Venue and a Building Team.
RVW PUGH LTD needs to gather and use certain information about individuals.
These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
This policy describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the company’s data protection standards — and to comply with the law.
WHY THIS POLICY EXSISTS
This data protection policy ensures RVW PUGH Ltd:
- Complies with data protection law and follows good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
This policy applies to all branches, staff, volunteers, contractors, suppliers and other people working on behalf of RVW Pugh Ltd.
It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the Data Protection Act 1998. This can include:
- Names of individuals
- Postal addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- …plus any other information relating to individuals
The IT and Data Protection Officer, Yvette Evans, is responsible for:
- Keeping the board updated about data protection responsibilities, risks and issues.
- Reviewing all data protection procedures and related policies, in line with an agreed schedule.
- Arranging data protection training and advice for the people covered by this policy.
- Handling data protection questions from staff and anyone else covered by this policy.
- Dealing with requests from individuals to see the data RVW Pugh Ltd holds about them (also called ‘subject access requests’).
- Checking and approving any contracts or agreements with third parties that may handle the company’s sensitive data.
- Ensuring all systems, services and equipment used for storing data meet acceptable security standards.
- Performing regular checks and scans to ensure security hardware and software is functioning properly.
- Evaluating any third-party services the company is considering using to store or process data. For instance, cloud computing services.
The Marketing Manager, Lynfa Jones who is responsible for
- Approving any data protection statements attached to communications such as emails and letters.
- Addressing any data protection queries from journalists or media outlets like newspapers.
- Where necessary, working with other staff to ensure marketing initiatives abide by data protection principles.
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED BY THE GROUP?
For all divisions, data will be collected from you in order to complete general sales and admin processes such as quoting, invoicing and account setup.
When you sign up to our mailing list through www.rvwpugh.co.uk, you will be asked for your first name, last name, email address, mobile number, farm type, county and customer type. The only information that is compulsory is first name, last name and e-mail address. This information will only be used for our on-going email marketing campaigns including monthly email, similar product offerings and the occasional postal mailing campaign which may involve data being sent to a separate mailing house for distribution. There is the option to opt out of email marketing at any time.
If you send in an enquiry via the contact form on the www.garthmylhall.co.uk website you will be asked for your first name, last name, email address and how you heard about us. You will also then be asked to tick a box if you would like to be added to the mailing list, and if you do not tick this then you will not be added to the list and your data will only be held to enable us to respond to the initial enquiry. There is the option to opt out of email marketing at any time.
Upon purchase of any product through our e-shop system, your email address will then be eligible for email marketing for similar e-shop products. There is the option to opt out of email marketing at any time.
All of our websites generate notification emails when there is a new contact submission. These emails are not sent via encrypted channels by default.
If you enter a competition at a show or event that we are attending or hosting you will fill in a competition slip that will ask for your full name, address, e-mail address, contact number, and if you are a customer of ours. You will also have the option to tick if you are happy for us to contact you with future promotions. Ticking the ‘Yes’ you will be consenting to being added to our email marketing lists that promote similar products and services.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DATA COLLECTION?
Marketing is an important part of our business as it ensures that you are up to date with all of our events, promotions, news and future developments. All customer account information will be kept confidential and not be used elsewhere in the company without permission of the individual.
HOW IS YOUR DATA PROCESSED AND WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT?
RVW Pugh Ltd uses the on-line email marketing system MailChimp that operates from the US. This organisation is fully compliant with recent GDPR guidelines.
RVW Pugh Ltd uses GOLD customer accounting system to store customer data relating to purchases.
RVW Pugh Ltd uses Google Analytics on the www.rvwpugh.co.uk, www.rvwpugh.co.uk/eshop and www.garthmyhall.co.uk websites to help us to analyse trends and improve our marketing efforts. Anyone that visits these websites will have their IP addresses collected but we do not distribute or sell this information to anyone else. Google Analytics is fully compliant with recent GDPR guidelines.
All of our websites are developed and hosted by Gloversure who store basic server access logs for debugging, security and service review (and not for marketing purposes). The data is also stored in a segregated database which they have access to in order to perform maintenance and the occasional debugging. Gloversure may also create additional log files for debugging and testing purposes. These will exist for as long as the files are needed and are deleted straight after and are typically not backed up.
Backups are securely transferred over an encrypted tunnel and go back potentially years. They are kept physically and digitally secure by Gloversure with locks and passwords. Encryption of the storage disks are used only when required.
HOW LONG WILL YOUR DATA BE STORED BY THE GROUP?
In accordance with GDPR we will reconfirm data from email marketing every 2 years. Until this time your personal data will only be kept as a confirmation of consent and stored on MailChimp which can only be accessed by our staff that are fully GDPR aware and compliant. Data stored for customer purchases will be kept unless a formal agreement of account closure has been presented to RVW PUGH. Please note: You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails at any time.
Any individual has the right to contact us in writing to update or remove any of their information at any time.
We will conduct staff training on how to store data as well as use of it in the future.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW YOUR DATA IS STORED OR IF YOU WANT US TO REMOVE YOUR DATA THEN PLEASE CONTACT: email@example.com